Chrissy's Craziness

Welcome to my randomness! After much hesitation, I finally came to my senses and created my own blog! In this place, I have the opportunity to share my faith in the One and only Jesus Christ. You may also find out my favorite travel snacks, race car drivers, job updates, and other quirky information.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

New Year, New School

Well, one school year has been put to rest. Now another one is beginning. I am promoting up to the 5th grade! I love 5th grade. I was in 5th during student-teaching. I had so much fun!

I am looking forward to a new year. My former high school principal told me recently that the beauty of a 9 month school year is that the teachers and students alike get fresh starts. I get to put behind me all the bad days, and right any wrongs from previous years.

I completed an unbearable year that I thought would never end. Now that I have moved on, I realize that I have the skills to make this upcoming year as wonderful as this past year was awful. How reassuring!

While I was not thrilled with my last teaching assignment, I can see bits and pieces of good. I see why God wanted me there. I will be able to use SO MUCH of last year's "bads" to create this year's "goods". I am super excited that my classroom is in the main building! That's a new concept for me. My room is right down the hall from the teacher's workroom, cafeteria, and gym. I don't have to spend 10 minutes hiking to lunch this year!!!

All joking aside, I understand the reason for my trials now. I have been studying James b/c I am teaching my Sunday School class. I have learned that if we don't flake out during trials, we will gain endurance to get through other trials. I have learned that trials will bring wisdom, but we have to ask for it! Wisdom is godly knowledge put into practice. How many times have I thought about what is the right thing to do but don't do it? I am learning to start being a "doer". Whether that means taking the time to pray over my kids' desks rather than talking to other teachers in the hallway, listening to my kids' problems rather than automatically assuming they are just whiners, or whatever. Goodness, how many times do we go to God whining about something? He listens! He's my Teacher. As the teacher over these students, I need to be a listener...whole other concept. That just came into my head; sorry!

This needs to come to a close. I guess the point is, whatever you have going on will pass. Look at the mass quantities of verses that start with "And it came to pass". Those hard times are here, but they are not here to stay. All you have to do is stay in close contact with the Father. Ask for the wisdom that you lack. Look for ways to be a good example to other believers and lead the lost to a Savior.

As we prepare to begin a new school year, we can take the time to start fresh in other areas. Just think, no new year resolution pressure. Just commit to two or three things to change or improve upon over the next few months. Let me know how I can pray for you!

1 comment:

jen said...

Hey girl! I am going to be praying for this new year/new school for you. I am proud of the way you handled this difficult season. Keep looking and listening to God. He likes it better that way. :) lol. As for me... well, I have a very selfish request. :) But you get me so it's cool. I have an insane desire to begin doing morning walks. Yeah, I don't get it either. Anyway, I know it's coming from my not having quite the amount of quiet time I need to have. SO God is compelling me to walk it out. Problem is, I'm exhausted these days. 24/7 kid watch makes me one tired momma! So maybe if you would pray that I could get my lazy bones out of bed, God would cause my bootie to MOVE and walk. :) And pray and talk. :) Anyway, back on point. I'm very proud of you and can't wait to see what God has in store for you in this new season!